1. On the main menu bar, click Admin, then Users Security Profiles.
2. To create a login for a user, click the Add… button.
3. Enter a User Code (a.k.a. Username/Login Name).
4. Enter a name in the Full Name field.
5. Users can optionally be assigned to a User Type, allowing a pre-defined Security Profile to be assigned. We will look at setting up User Types in a later section.
6. Setting an Expiration Date is also optional, if a date is entered the User Code will become Inactive, and un-usable once that date is reached… until a User with appropriate permissions can “re-activate” the login.
7. Next enter a Password, and enter the same value in the Verify Password field.
8. If you want the value entered in the previous step to be a temporary password, which the user can change upon next login, place a check mark in the User must change password at next login box.
9. If the user will be accessing the mobile app (for Android and iOS), you can set a Mobile Pin now, or the user can set one when they login to the mobile app.
10. Lastly you can choose if the user is able to view all tabs, or just the Patient Information tab only.
10. Click OK to save.
11. To further adjust security settings for a user, highlight that User Code and click the Security Profile… button.
12. You can grant or deny access to different areas of the program using Security Profiles. Place a checkmark to grant access, or remove a check mark to deny access. You can also use the Select All button to quickly grant all permissions, and then remove check marks one at a time, or use the Unselect All button to remove all access, then add check marks one at a time.
1. On the main menu bar, click Admin, then User Types.
2. To setup a new type, click the Add… button.
3. Enter a Type Code (ex: Staff, Biller, Manager, Limited, Full Access, Administrator), then enter a Description for that type (ex: limited access, scheduler only, etc…).
4. Click OK to save.
5. With a User Type highlighted, click the Security Profile… button to adjust permissions for that User Type.
6. The User Type permissions can be adjusted just like the User Code permissions
(as seen in the previous topic at step 12).
7. Once a User Type has been created and its Security Profile has been adjusted, you can assign User Codes to a User Type. The User Type security profile will override the User Code security profile if used.
8. To assign a User Type to a User Code, click Admin, then User Security Profiles.
Highlight a user code then click the Edit button. Click the magnifying glass icon next to User Type, select a code, then click OK.
How to enable the audit trail to track user activity
1. On the main menu bar, click Admin, then Audit Trail
2. To enable the Audit Trail, place a check mark in the Enable Audit Trail box.
3. Note that this is not retro-active. Audit trail reports will not pickup past activities unless it was enabled at the time.
4. You can expand the 6 categories by clicking the + next to each item.
5. Check or un-check items, depending on whether or not you want the audit trail to track those items.
6. Click OK to save.